Friday, October 31, 2014

How Are You? Who Cares?


"How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

Is this code for:

A) I'm too busy and important to ask how you're doing.

B) I'm preoccupied, thinking about some nagging dilemma, and it didn't occur to me to ask how you're doing.

C) You talk too much and I know if I ask how you're doing, you're going to talk my ear off with your tendency to over-share.

D) I never learned manners and wasn't taught to return the favor when someone asks how I'm doing.

E) I'm socially awkward, and if I ask how you're doing, that will force me to maintain eye contact with you five seconds longer, and that's just more than I can handle.

F) I'm ridiculously self-centered and the only person's well-being that matters is my own.

G) I don't care how you're doing.

H) All of the above.


No comments:

Post a Comment