Monday, December 8, 2014

Adventures In Social Media: Canva Lets You Make Quick, Easy Graphics


The site Canva.com has been hailed as "the easiest design program in the world" by the Webby Awards, which is the Internet's version of the Oscars.

I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that Canva does enable you to create graphics fairly quickly and easily if you don't own more comprehensive design software such as InDesign.

One of the best aspects of Canva is that signing up and creating an account is very simple: you just enter your email address and a password and you're in. You can choose to sit through a brief tutorial, or get started designing right away.

The site has thousands of graphics that you can use to create your own memes, infographics and other images to use in blogs, social media posts, et cetera.

I created the image above with the lion and the clever little  "Mondays Are A Beast" catch phrase in under five minutes (I already had the idea in mind). Searching for the photo of the lion was easy and I only had to pay Canva $1 for the right to use it. However, manipulating the text box was kind of difficult; the box wouldn't move the way I wanted it to, so the text is not exactly where I'd like it to be.

But for a simple solution to creating graphics, Canva is a decent option.

This blog post is part of my "Adventures In Social Media" series. In next week's post, which I plan to publish on Monday, Dec. 15, I'll change the theme slightly to "Adventures In Social Etiquette" and explore how to avoid some of the most obnoxious behavior when texting, calling and emailing friends, family and people you'd like to do business with.


No comments:

Post a Comment