Sunday, August 4, 2013

Visiting Artist Experience At Wexner - Day Five




The fifth day (Friday, Aug. 2) of my week-long residency at the Wexner Center for the Arts was probably the smoothest in terms of workflow. It's exciting that the documentary I'm working on, Lady Wrestler, is really taking shape.

My friend Paul, who's a film/video editor at Wexner, was able to help me fix a technical issue from the previous day concerning a corrupted file. With that problem solved, we spent much of the day dropping in narration that I'd recorded and edited earlier in the week.

At the end of the day on Friday, Paul converted the 90-minute work-in-progress to a QuickTime movie so that I can watch it and see what tweaks should be added here and there. He did an amazing job smoothing out the transitions between sequences, placing Ken Burns-style moves on vintage photos, color-correcting interview clips, etc.

There's still work to be done, but the documentary is certainly much further ahead and closer to a finished product.

I have to give a big thanks to everyone at Wexner for their help and providing such an amazing, wonderful experience.

Friday just happened to be my birthday, and being in such a creative, dynamic environment was a really special gift.




















No comments:

Post a Comment