Saturday, August 30, 2014

Road Trip To St. Louis - Detour

Well, this day ended up way different than expected.

My grandmother, Pearl, and I had planned to drive from my hometown of Columbus, Ohio, to St. Louis this weekend for a cousin's wedding. But, as the cliché goes, life is what happens when you're making plans...


Instead of going to St. Louis, I took my grandmother to Riverside hospital to be treated for symptoms related to hitting her head a few days ago. I'm relieved that she's doing fine - talking and walking (although on bed rest), etc., like her normal self as she undergoes tests.

It would have been a fun trip to St. Louis. I was looking forward to spending quality time with my Nanaugh Pearl and had even rented movies (yes, I still go to a bricks-and-mortar video store) for us to watch in the hotel: The Trip to Bountiful with Cicely Tyson and A Day Late and a Dollar Short with Whoopi Goldberg.

I'd also packed gospel CDs by artists such as Oleta Adams and Candi Staton that we'd both enjoy listening to on the way.

Oh, well. We can always plan another road trip. Her health is my main concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment