Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Few Thoughts On The Tragedy In Boston

A few thoughts on the tragedy in Boston:

This one hit home with me because I'm a runner. I've never done a marathon, but I've done the Columbus (Ohio) half-marathon and a few 5- and 10ks. When a race starts, I always get a surge of energy from being surrounded by people - a "wall of humanity."

The morning after the Boston Marathon bombing, instead of doing my usual indoor cardio workout, I felt like getting out and breathing fresh air. So I went for a run on a route near my house that I've been doing for years. It felt like a tribute run, of sorts, for the people affected by the events in Boston.

Whoever is responsible for this tragedy, domestic or international,  obviously wants to disrupt our way of life. So it seems to me that one of the best things we can do is continue going about our daily routines.

And I can think of no better way to start the day than with a run.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment