Monday, February 13, 2012

Remembering Whitney

Really saddened by Whitney's death.

Some of her favorite songs of mine are lesser-known singles such as "Miracle" from the "I'm Your Baby Tonight" album, "Step By Step" from "The Preacher's Wife" soundtrack and "Try It On My Own" from "Just Whitney."

I thought LL Cool J's opening prayer in her honor at the Grammys and comments about music having the power to heal were classy and on-point. Jennifer Hudson's performance of "I Will Always Love You" was raw and moving.

I thought Whitney was such a fighter that she'd always be around, maybe not topping the charts like she used to but pulling it together enough to have a long career and continue to perform live, make television appearances here and there, maybe even go back to her gospel roots. May she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment